For immediate release – March 19, 2020
West Plains, Mo. – West Plains Bank and Trust Company has announced it will close all branch lobbies and move to appointment only effective Friday, March. 20. Drive-through operations, where available, will be continue during normal business hours.
According to West Plains Bank and Trust Company President/Chief Executive Officer David M. Gohn, this move is a proactive measure to help flatten the curve of the COVID-19 spread. “Customers with banking needs that must be met in a lobby setting are encouraged to call for an appointment or pull into a drive-through lane and speak with an employee to make arrangements for their needs,” he said. “Our first concern is protecting the health of our customers and employees and we feel limiting contact is an important step in doing so.”
Gohn emphasized that access to banking services, particularly under the current circumstances, is important. “We are making every effort to remain available to customers while protecting them at the same time,” he said. “Every branch will be fully staffed to serve customers and we plan to return to normal operation as soon as it is practical to do so. Meanwhile, we highly encourage the use of what we are referring to as non-touch banking tools.”
Non-touch banking tools available through West Plains Bank and Trust Company include:
- Drive-through banking at Broadway, Bradford and North Branch in West Plains, Mo., Liberty Branch in Mountain View, Mo., and Willow Springs Branch in Willow Springs, Mo.
- Debit cards, which unlike cash, can be easily sanitized
- Digital banking online and via the West Plains Bank and Trust Company app (check balances, transfer between accounts, make loan payments, pay bills, make deposits and more)
- ATMs – deposit-capable ATMs are located at Broadway, Bradford and North Branch in West Plains, Mo., Liberty Branch in Mountain View, Mo., and Willow Springs Branch in Willow Springs, Mo.
- Line One Telephone Banking – from any telephone, access accounts balances, verify deposits and withdrawals, transfer funds between accounts and even check interest rates. Call 888-256-8887 and follow the prompts to access the system.
- Night Drop for Business Customers – every branch location has a night drop for business deposits and staff will be checking these frequently to process transactions
Customers in need of assistance with accessing a safe deposit box, a new account opening or loan services should schedule an appointment by calling a walk-in branch: West Plains, Mo., 417.256.2147, Mountain View, Mo., 417.934.1047, Willow Springs, Mo., 417.469.5013 or Mountain Home, Ark., 870.701.5004. An online loan application also is available at www.westplainsbank.com.
Customers with existing appointments should call to confirm with his or her banker. Gohn said every effort will be made to reach out to anyone scheduled for a loan closing or other standing appointment to confirm or make other arrangements if necessary.
For additional information regarding hours, services available, and contact information for any West Plains Bank and Trust Company location, visit www.westplainsbank.com and, under the About Us tab, click locations. Information also is available by calling 417.256.2147, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to Noon, to speak with a member of the West Plains Bank and Trust Company team.
West Plains Bank and Trust Company opened its doors to customers in 1883, making it the oldest continually operating business in the area. With more than 136 years of service to the local region, total assets of West Plains Bank and Trust Company have grown to more than $390 million with six locations and a loan production office.