Personal Savings Accounts in Mountain View
Earn interest while you save.
Are you getting the most out of your savings? Do you want to explore money market accounts or health savings accounts? When you open a personal savings account with us, you can feel good knowing you are getting competitive interest rates and your money is working for you. Your money goes further when you work with a local bank with competitive interest rates and exceptional customer service. That’s us. Visit our Mountain View location to explore savings options and let us help you start saving for your future.
- Account earns a competitive interest rate
- Minimum balance to open is $100 and the entire balance earns interest
- A monthly fee of $3 will be charged only if the balance falls below $100 any day during the month
- Customers 21 years of age and younger: only $1 required for opening deposit, no minimum balance fee applies, and the entire balance earns interest
- Six FREE withdrawals per month in person or by mail (other limitations apply - see branch for details)
- Each withdrawal in excess of six will result in a $3 fee
- Earn a premium rate of interest
- Minimum balance to open is $100 (30-day grace period to get balance up to avoid service charge)
- If the balance falls below $2,500 any day of the month, a $10 fee will be assessed
- Transfers from a Money Market account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone or computer transfer are limited to six per monthly statement cycle
- An excess withdrawal fee of $5 will be charged for each debit transaction (withdrawal, check paid, automatic transfer, or payment out of this account) in excess of six during a statement cycle (with no more than three by check)
- An interest-bearing account to save for medical expenses
- Tax-exempt custodial account exclusively for paying or reimbursing qualified medical expenses
- Must be eligible and covered by a high-deductible health plan. Consult your tax advisor.
- Maximum annual contributions apply and are set by the Internal Revenue Service
- Contributions to an HSA may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
- Minimum $40 deposit or direct deposit required to open account
- Accounts can be opened the last Friday of November through the last Monday of January each year
- Deposits can be made as often as you like though the first Friday in November each year
- In early November of the year the account is open, you will receive a direct deposit to your checking account for the balance of the account plus interest
- Apply with our online application
Contact a customer service representative or visit us at our Mountain View location to learn more about our savings accounts and find the perfect fit for your future financial goals. Already have a savings account that you want to move to West Plains Bank and Trust Company? We’ve made the process easy with our Switch Kit!
We’re proud to serve you and the Mountain View community.
At West Plains Bank and Trust Company in Mountain View, we value the communities we serve. We are dedicated to making them financially stronger and healthier at every level. Providing local businesses and individuals with helpful banking that makes sense for them is just the beginning.
As members of the Mountain View community, our employees understand our customers are more than clients—you’re neighbors. We take the time to listen first, and then apply our years of banking experience to find the best services and products to support your goals. Our Liberty Branch proudly supports the community and finds opportunities to give back through participation in local charities and events.